MCHE Resource Center
The Resource Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and until 7:00 p.m. on
Wednesdays when school is in session.
Nearly 3000 titles are available for
free loan to teachers, students or the general public. This includes the
Witnesses to the Holocaust Archive
featuring the testimony of local Kansas City
survivors, more than 200 videos (
click here for annotations
classroom sets of books
. Up to four resources may be checked out for a period of two weeks.
Procedures for checking out materials
- Patrons may check out a maximum of four items for two weeks.
- Patrons will be issued a library card.
- Materials with a replacement cost of $50 or more require a refundable deposit.
- All materials must be returned directly to the MCHE office during regular office hours.
- Special arrangements for loan by mail, can be made by calling Dana at (913) 327-8192.
- A $0.50 per item per day late fee will be assessed on all late resources.
- Classroom sets incur a $5.00 per day late fee. Teachers who are missing one or two books are encouraged to return the set
and pay a $0.50 per item per day fee on the missing books.
- A one-time phone renewal can be arranged by calling
(913) 327-8192 before the resource is overdue.
- Late fees may be paid by check, cash, or credit card.